dbootstrap hanging with the "current" rescue floppy

I'm installing Slink onto a Thinkpad 600E.  I got it booting by using a
2.2.2 kernel as I had problems with stock kernel.  It boots now but
dbootstrap hangs before I can even start installing.

The second console works.  If I kill dbootstrap, then BOTH the first and
second console get frozen with the monochrome dbootstrap first page.

If anyone has any ideas how to proceed, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |