Re: Thinkpad 600E, next problem (was "the usual reboot problems"

Pollywog <pollywog@shadypond.com> writes:

> IBM is going to offer Linux with ThinkPads, so maybe they will have
> information about this soon.  I want to install Debian on my ThinkPad 560 but
> only Caldera OpenLinux will install.  Debian just goes into endless reboots.

I think I've "licked" the reboot problems, really.  It boots fine now.  I
don't know why the installer (dbootstrap) is locking up though.  The second
console still works, so I have a hard time believing it's a kernel problem
like APM or anything like that.

Like I said, if I get this worked out I'll make a rescue disk/pcmcia
modules and you can try it out.

Later,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |