Re: Linux Educational Needs Posting Pages

> I am passing around a link to a new page
> designed for the purpose of helping
> LINUX move into the classroom.

   Sounds like a great idea.  Linux is a "natural" for education.

   Besides consultant types, what else do you need?  I'm a technology
coordinator in a public school district and have been beating the Linux drum
in educational circles as loudly as I can.  For example, in March I'm doing
two presentations on Linux in education, one at a state (NH) meeting of tech
coords, and one at the national SchoolTechExpo in NYC.

   One can make many strong arguments for using Linux in educational settings,
especially cash-strapped ones.  The main problem is that system administrators
for public schools are often ill-trained (or non-trained) and overworked...the
enthusiasm of students helps some in that regard, but only a little.

--
 Regards, | redwards@golgotha.net        | Microsoft: Making the
 .        | redwards@colebrook.k12.nh.us | world safe for computing