Re: cd-writer: no /dev/sg0, sr0, or scd0 working

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 11:00:07PM +0000, Paul Nathan Puri wrote:
> When I have my cd-writer installed as secondary ide device,
> after my cd-rom drive, and have the kernel configure with
> ide cdrom unselected, and scsi emulation, and generic scsi
> selected, the system hangs on boot.  Where I have only the
> cd-writer connected as primary ide, the system boots fine,
> and 1 scsi host is detected, but I can't find a device to
> mount...
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...

I do not know about the first situation.. but for the second one, turn off the scsi emulation and just leave the atapi cd rom and you can access the cd rom with /dev/hdb

or.. turn on the scsi emulation and turn off the atapi cd rom, turn on the scsicdrom and do a MAKEDEV sgall and MAKEDEV sr and you should be able to access your cd rom thru sr0..

Regards,
Vaidhy