Re: The usual reboot problems (another problem?)

I get the same thing on my 560x with the Tecra disks.  I'm also having
problems even making a boot floppy through the installation process.
It either gives gives an immediate error message "creation of boot floppy
failed..." or it spins around for awhile checking things and then fails.
And I have tried several disks at this point  (all of which work on the
desktop).  The one time it did work, it created the reboot-a-round.  Is the
installation program (or Debian) particularly sensitive to the floppies?
I hear much about "bad" floppies, but other OSes don't seem to be
bothered by them.

Any ideas?

Btw, it seems like this is a pretty common occurrence with the Thinkpads.
Maybe once this gets figured out, we should write up something for the
FAQ-o-matic.  I'll do it if I can get some people to check it for me.

Thanks!
Robert