RE: The usual reboot problems

On 22-Feb-99 George Bonser wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Pollywog wrote:
>

>> That might explain why I am unable to use my Debian boot disk on that
>> machine.
>> I forgot the correct procedure for copying a kernel to a floppy, but when I
>> find it, I will try it.
>
> Uhm, the floppy is a standard msdos disk:
>
> mount /dev/fd0 /mnt -t msdos
>
> Then copy the kernel:
>
> cp /vmlinuz /mnt/vmlinuz
>
> and reboot from floppy.

Oh so it is the same as for any disk; I thought I had to use a "dd" command or
else recompile and do 'make zdisk' rather than 'make zImage'.  I was not sure
I could just copy as I would copy anything else.

thanks

--
Andrew

btw, my vmlinuz is actually a bzImage, so I would need to recompile a kernel.