Re: decoding/viewing pictures

On 22 Feb 1999q, ivan wrote:
> Hello again !
>
> As I often download fractal images from the newsgroups I would like to find
> a news reader which will auto-decode the encrypted graphics and auto-exec a
> viewer programme ?
>
> Can anyone recommend a good picture viewer - prefer svgalib based rather
> than X based but any _good_ viewer is better than nothing ?
>
> My inability to find this software is the only reason I have left to use
> Win95 and, although I don't have a phobia about MS products, I would prefer
> to use Debian consistently.  It's an absolute pain to have to re-boot just
> because I want to look at pretty pictures and then re-boot to get some work
> done (and, of course, I lose my dial-up connection with each re-boot !)
>
> As always, any and all comments are welcome.
>
> Ivan.
>

> --

zgv will do this without X. I suppose you could link it with a news reader
but I don't know about this. It certainly works from mutt for me.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)