Re: Many questions

[Drop the HTML please. This is mail, not the web]

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 10:02:48 +0100, Bon Lam wrote:
>    1.      When I boot Linux I always get this kernel message
>
>            SIOADDRT: invalid argument
>
>            and later when I start isdn network service: SIOADDRT:
>    operation not    supported by device. What does this mean and how to
>    fix it.

I have that too; I wouldn't worry about it. My guess is this is a result
from having the ISDN drivers compiled as a module.

>    3.      Why don't they people of Debian make a powerful
>    systemadministrationtool
>
>            like Yast of SuSe? This makes administration for beginners
>    more easier.

It's difficult to make a good system administration tool, and very easy to
make a bad one. Debian developers are mostly power users and won't accept a
sysadmin tool that "takes over" and makes the standard ("edit config file")
approach more difficult or impossible.

That said, I believe people are working on Linuxconf for Debian, and some
developers are participating in the development of COAS
(http://www.coas.org).

HTH,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.