Re: Soundpro Under 2.2.1

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 lwbuss@technologist.com wrote:

> > Under 2.0.34 I setup my soundcard as a "sound blaster", but with the new
> > version, it refuses to detect the sound Card (it's a Soundpro <or for the
> > Techies, a CMI8330 PCI (onboard) sound card>).
>
> I have the sound adapter card on my motherboard.  How did you
> setup the system to use sound?  Did you go through isapnptools
> and then compile the soundblaster module in the kernel with the
> options you configured under isapnptools?

Well, I compiled the soundblaster stuff into the kernel.  Sure, it holds
at the sound init for about 30-40 seconds but then it continues on without
hassles...

I really would like to know if there is a "native" or "free" driver for
the Sound Card, as I noticed that the Open Sound Drivers have the card in
them, but the Open Sound Free do not seem to have it available.  I cannot
find out about the latest versions because I cannot seem to find a site
that has it on it.

Catch ya l8r,
	Peter Ludwig