Soundpro Under 2.2.1

Well, I've gotten Kernel 2.2.1 running on the machine, it has everything I
need (at present), but I seem to have a little problem.

Under 2.0.34 I setup my soundcard as a "sound blaster", but with the new
version, it refuses to detect the sound Card (it's a Soundpro <or for the
Techies, a CMI8330 PCI (onboard) sound card>).

With 2.0.34 I had to wait for it to correctly intigate the soundcard, but
well, now it just refuses and tells me the card ain't there, anyone have
the same soundcard and got it working?  Or anyone got a way around this?

HEEELLLPPP!!!!  I need my sound.. well okay, Quake runs better with sound,
so... I guess that means I need it...

Also I do not have DOS installed anymore so I can't boot up that way and
chop over (it didn't work under 2.0.34 anyway so I guess it won't for
2.2.1)...

Thanx in Advance,
	Peter Ludwig