Re: Modem

> Hi,
>
> How do I set up my modem in Debian? I have installed the base system and a
> bunch of other things including Minicom and when I opened Minicom the system
> froze while itializing the modem.
>
> Thanks.

What kind of modem is it?
Anyway, that freezing sounds like it could be an IRQ conflict. Check
cat /proc/interrupts to see which IRQs are taken, and
setserial -g /dev/ttyS* to see what are the stats on COM ports. This can
help, since if you know what COM port the modem is on, and it's
conflicting, you can reassign the stats.
HTH,
 Andrew

 Andrei S. Ivanov
 c680789@showme.missouri.edu