Re: lilo problems

On Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 02:06:50PM -0500, Christopher Fury wrote:
> I've had debian 2.0 running on my machine for a while now, but I finally
> decided it
> was time to load up windows so I could play some games.  :)  I went out
> and bought
> a new hard drive, and I want to boot windows off of it.
Windows can't boot from a secondary hard disk.

Linux can, so just swap the two, use LILO on the mbr of the primary hd (the
windows one) and use the following lilo.conf

 boot=/dev/hda
 install=/boot/boot.b
 map=/boot/map
 vga=normal
 delay=40
 root=/dev/hdb1
     image=/zImage
         append="ether=5,0x300,eth0 ether=4,0x240,eth1 mem=128M"
         label=Linux.custom
         read-only
     image=/vmlinuz
         label=Linux
        read-only
 other=/dev/hda1
     label=win
     table=/dev/hda

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source