Re: Need help with new cable modem

On Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 02:40:44PM +0000, wtopa@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> > 1) Find a driver for the plug-n-pray PCI ethernet controller they
> > installed. (Realtek RTL8029 - a really really generic card, the box
> > doesn't even have the manufacturers name on it)
ne2k-pci (as had already been mentioned I suppose) does it.

> > 2) Configure a DHCP client.  Also, in relation to this, I may need to
> > change my hostname to that beastly thing they assigned me... ugh
This isn't any more difficult than installing dhcpcd package.
Changing the hostname isn't really important. Save this for much later.

> Read the ISDN-HOWTO ????
That won't help. ISDN is a completely different beast.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source