Problems with Netscape 4.5 and shared libraries

I recently bought Debian 2.0 cd, because I couldn't afford Red Hat
and I was bored in using Slackware, and I didn't have any problems
until now. I installed Netscape 4.5 and when I run it, it claims that
'cannot load libXpm.so.4'. Now, I have the file in /usr/X11R6/lib, and
other programs use it without no problems. It's symbolic link from
libXpm.so.4.10. I tried with several other versions but I got same
message. I've got same messages with other programs like some parts
of Gnome and Enlightenment's  Eterm. My friend told me that NS 4.5
should work with libXpm.so.4.10... Weird. If someone know how to make
a script where I can define library path to /usr/lib/netscape, where
I made symlinks of files NS needs, I would preciate if you would tell
me how. I made one but it mumbled something about 'segmentation fault'.

Btw, I installed NS to /usr/local/netscape, if it helps.

thanks,
John Tribal