Re: fetchmail problem

In debian you are supposed to put scripts which you want run when
connecting in '/etc/ppp/ip-up.d'. Also, make sure the permssions are correct
(-rwxr-xr-x) And (just to ask the obvious) is the command actually
pointing to fetchmail (debian places it in /usr/bin/). Apart from this I
can't think of any reason why it won't work, as it works just fine for me.
This is what my .fetchmailrc looks like (owned by root):

----------
poll pop.prestel.co.uk with proto pop3
        user <user> there has password <password>
                is dave here
postconnect /usr/bin/runq

And the relevant lines from the /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/local script look like this:

#!/bin/sh
fetchmail            # <-Just to make sure the mail is fetched immediatly on
fetchmail -d 180     # later connects.

HTH.

Cheers
	Dave