Re: /etx/X11/Xserver

*- On 21 Feb, Deniz Dogan wrote about "/etx/X11/Xserver"
> Hi,
>
> After some X package upgrades, no package owns /etc/X11/Xserver on my
> box.  I checked docs but couldn't find which file provides its
> function.  Any ideas?
>
> TIA.

It is created by the xserver-common package during install. Files
that are created in the install scripts are not registered as beng
owned by a package. From /var/lib/dpkg/info/xserver-common.postinst:

# if /etc/X11/Xserver does not exist or is of zero length, make it
if [ ! -s /etc/X11/Xserver ]; then
  cat > /etc/X11/Xserver <<EOF
/usr/bin/X11/XF86_NONE
Console

The first line in this file is the full pathname of the default X server.
The second line shows who is allowed to run the X server:
RootOnly
Console      (anyone whose controlling tty is on the console)
Anybody
EOF
fi

--