Setup problems

hello, i am just starting to install debian in my toshiba satellite 2500
cds laptop, but it doens´t seem to be working.  I am installing from a
dos partition, already made my separate linux partition using fdisk, but
when i run the install.bat it asks for the name of the kernel image and
no matter what i type (which should be linux, right?) it just ask
again.  i also tried installing from floppies and pretty much the same
happened, when it got to the part where it read the kernel image it just
rebooted.  the same happened with the tecra rescue disk.
	can someone please help me, is it the laptop, or some conf. problem,
any ideas?  thanks for everything.
Matt S.