Problems with M1543 Super-I/O (Asus P5A)

Hi there,

I wonder if anybody else has problems setting the Aladdin 5 Super
I/O part of the M1543 southbridge to speeds above 38400 using
setserial ?

Whenever I set spd_vhi the modem will not respond to AT commands at
all, it works fine with spd_normal though, yielding the usual 2.8
KByte/sec for compressed data via 28.8k analog link. I haven't
really tested if higher transfer rates are possible for text, I just
find it rather alarming the spd_vhi setting that used to work fine on my
old Intel TX board causes such trouble while the UART is correctly
recognized as 16550A...

Regards,
--
       /(__  __|\          Lars Steinke, Research Student @