Re: Debian Logo *Idea* Contest! (Delay for painting contest required)

Andreas commented:
> So the remaining question for me is, why we can't bring it to an end.
> The Debian leader ship election was comming to an end.  Set up new
> voting pages with the most discussed animals, lets choose the mascot and
> give the artists a chance to work to this topic.

Why are you so persistent in wanting an animal?  I just started thinking
about it and came up with several ideas that reflect what debian is
about:  building a system of free software that can be shared by a lot
of people.  I am sure others are capable to come up with such ideas as
well.  Here's another one:

Debian is, more than other distros, a _global_ distribution.
Developpers from all over the planet contribute.  I can picture a logo
of a globe surrounded by a ring of bits.

Keep thinking.  This email list is so crowded that there must be some
creative people around with good ideas.

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032