A couple more strange "sound" probs...

First let me thank everybody that helped me to get my kernel recompiled
and support for sound! I am now running 2.2.1 and everything seems to
work a little more smoothly (maybe?)... anyway, I got my SB Awe64 Gold
working for playing CDs - I added myself to the "audio" group and "disk"
group. A couple of strange problems, however...

xplaycd works fine
BUT xmcd appears briefly, then disappears...

Tkmixer and xmixer work fine as far as CDs go...

gom says no mixer opened (even when I have one of the above mixers
opened - I am missing something?)

xwave will load a .wav file and appear to play it, but no sound...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Rich