Re: Lost libc5 stuff after upgrade from hamm to slink

Athanasius wrote:

> Hi, saw your message on the debian list, just have a question, hope you
> don't mind.  Did Netscape also have problems after you removed libc5?  When
> I got libc6, it took out both wordperfect and netscape.  Unlike yours,
> however, mine said that it couldn't find libXt.so.5. What files do I need
> to add/remove to get things back to normal again?  Thanks!

There are two version of netscape that you can download.  One is for the
glibc and the other is for the old library.  There are three packages
that need to be added to restore the libc5

xlib6
xpm4.7
libc5

In my case, I downloaded the version that goes with the slink netscape4
installer.  This is the glibc version and it installs without a hitch.
By adding the above three packages, it did restore my wp8 which I does
only work with the libc5 libs.

Give this a try and see if it fixes it.

Doug

PS: Your email address wasn't valid...