Re: Debian Logo *Idea* Contest! (Delay for painting contest required)

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Andreas Tille wrote:

> So let us define first, *what* we want to show on our logo.
> This is always the first step in software related things.  Wy did
> we step over it??

Last time I asked what a good open source logo would look like (or some
related question) irc got pretty quiet.  This seems to be the thing no one
knows.  Wasn't there an open source logo contest?  I think of things like
an open box or open book.  I also like this poster of a light house I have
which seems appropriate.  If we get some good ideas, maybe some gimp'ers
would be willing to draw them up before this contest is over.  Our request
to the gimp contest team was too vague and directionless.  Without
direction, all they can do is lots of different fonts and modifications of
the word debian.

Thanks for starting this thread,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell  bmitch@atdot.org  http://bmitch.nws.net/  ICQ 30631197 |
| Throughout history, UNIX systems have regulary been broken into, beaten, |
| brutalized, corrupted, commandeered, compromised, and illegally fscked.  |
|                                   -- UNIX System Administration Handbook |