Setting up Sound

Hello,

Well, I finally got some noise out of my SB16 compatible sound card!  A
special thanks to everyone who helped!

I finally got it working by using pnpdump to configure my PNP card, and
I upgraded to the 2.0.36 kernel and used make xconfig following the
Instructions in the CMI8330 Mini-Howto...  I compiled my sound as a
module.

I can now use freeamp and play mp3 files. They sound pretty good.

NOW THE PROBLEM:

Question #1: I installed the rvplayer using the .deb file in slink and
the sound from it is all static.  I tried playing the file that is in
the /usr/doc/rvplayer/examples directory and it can be heard, but there
is some strange static.  All links to the internet (radio stations) I
tried were complete static!  Even the realaudio site where it does its
demo thing.

Does anyone know how to get the rvplayer to work?

Question #2: My sound card has SB16 compatible mode, WSS mode, and a
MPU-401 mode.  I have base I/O addresses irq's and dma setting for each
of these that are setup in the isapnp.conf file.  for the MPU-401 stuff,
I had conflicting information on what to add into the sound
configuration,I had some instructions saying to set the IRQ to -1 and
other instructions to set it to 9 as my isapnp.conf file show it.  I
have tried it both ways and everything seems to work the same.  Does
anyone know how this should be set up?

Thanks,

Doug Thistlethwaite