Re: XFree86 3.3.3

On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 07:55:33AM +0100, Peter Makholm wrote:
> John Welling <jwelling@vdragon.gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:
>
> > Anyone have any idea when XFree86 3.3.3 will
> > be included in the debian release?
>
> Probally with the potato release.
>
> The X maintainer is smart enough to get the slink versions bugfree
> before proceding to the potato versions of the packages. XFree86 3.3.3
> was released much to late relative to the freeze of slink.

For some values of bugfree.  There are about 375 outstanding bug reports
against the X packages, and many of them date back to well before I took
over the package.

More speficially, what I'm trying to do with slink X is get the
release-critical bugs out (which I've done), get it building without
changes on all arches that are releasing for slink (i386, m68k, alpha,
sparc), and make sure the installation and setup procedures aren't goofy
(especially for people who don't already have an XF86Config file).

--
G. Branden Robinson              |
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   Exercise your freedom of religion.  Set