Re: Win32 utilities for Debian

On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 09:53:14PM -0500, Randy Edwards wrote:
> I was wondering if someone could recommend some Win32 utilities.  The license
> on these has to be free, of course full GPL would be nice but the biggest
> issue is purely cost since these are going to be used in a school
> environment.  These are the utilities that I'm looking for:
>
> #1 A decent telnet program that handles screen redraws properly.  It seems
> that Windows' native telnet program doesn't do such a great job, and I'm
> looking for something that will handle keyboard sequences nicely and will
> redraw my NetHack screens properly. :-)

Tera Term Pro seems to be pretty good, and it's a free program.  I had
to tweak it's configuration a bit to get the keymapping the way I wanted
it, but otherwise didn't have any trouble.  You can find it at
"http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html";

> #2 A ssh client for Windows.

Tera Term Pro has an extension module called TTSSH available, which
gives it the capability to be a ssh client.  I don't have it's site
address handy, but I believe the above-mentioned site has a link to it.

Possibly VNC... take a look at "http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/";.