RE: KDEDIR and Debian packages

		It is my understanding that on Debian, the KDEDIR variable
does not have to be set.  I could be wrong but I think I read that
somewhere.

		I just installed KDE1.1 Debs from KDE.org and unless dpkg
modified my .bashrc, the KDEDIR is not set and all works fine.

		Tough to check because I read this list from work on a WinNT
box.

		Andrew MacKenzie

		On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Pollywog wrote:

		> What does one do about KDEDIR after installing the Debian
KDE packages?
		> I want to install kxicq (from source) but it complains
about not finding KDE.
		> I can even find KDE with the 'locate' command, and it is
working.  There is a
		> kde binary but no kde/bin.

		It should be set to /usr/ I believe, or /usr/X11R6.
Basically, if the
		binary (executable) file are in /usr/X11R6/bin, then you'd
want KDEDIR to
		be /usr/X11R6, so when it looks for $KDEDIR/bin/kwm or
whatever, it finds
		it.

		noah

		  PGP public key available at
		  http://lynx.dac.neu.edu/home/httpd/n/nmeyerha/mail.html
		  or by 'finger -l frodo@ccs.neu.edu'

		  This message was composed in a 100% Microsoft free
environment.