Re: Installazione di Debian

Marco Frattola wrote:

> Come si esegue la partizione del disco rigido, senza cancellare dati utili
> gia' residenti?
> Grazie mille,
>
> Un nuovo utente di Linux Debian un po' confuso.
>
> fabio, questa mailing list e' internzionale ed e' obbligo e cortesia
> usare l'inglese
>
> translation of user question for non-italian speaker:
>
> how do i repartition my hard disk, without losing data alerady there?
> thanks a lot
>
> a new debian user, a bit confused

	Generally, you can't change your partition structure without
losing the data on the hard drive.  You'll need to backup your
current hard drive contents (Win95/8?), and then modify the
partition structure to add at least two new partitions (one for
Linux ext2, one for Linux swap).
	If your drive currently has only one partition for
DOS/Win95/Win98, you can use a program called 'fips' to shrink the
size of your current dos/win partition and make room for Linux
partitions.  This will take a bit of work; you'll need to mess
around with Win95/8 to get it to defrag your current partition and
move some of the files that Win deliberately puts at the end of
the partition.  'fips' should be found on almost all Linux
distributions, often in a 'utility' dir on the CDROM.  You can get
it from the web too.

--
Ed C.