slink=frozen still??

Hi there.  I'm curious about something.

When is the target for slink to be released now??

Looking back, I see that it was officially frozen on November 4th and the
information on the web page states a target date of sometime in December of
1998 for release.  Well, it's February of 1999 now and it's been frozen
for 3.5 months (nearly a third of a year) and I still see no mention of it
ever being released.  Is anyone still working on this or have all the
developers moved on to potato and forgotten about slink?

You know, from an outside viewpoint, looking at the annouce list, it seems
to me like people are more worried with constitutions and logos and press
than with putting out software!   Shoot - missed deadlines and playing
politics instead....what is this?  Microsoft??  ;)

-Ken