Re: Which Kernal supports over 6.0 GB HD

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Person, Roderick wrote:

> I just bought a 6.4GB but Linux only reads it as 6.0GB, which Kernal do I
> need to get the full access

Roderick:

Are you sure that isn't an "Unformatted size"? I had that happen to me
just recently: My HDD was advertised as a 10.4 gig drive, (they disn't say
unformatted, but that is what it was. linux fdisk sees it as 9.5 gigs.
Formatted capacity.

David Teague dbt@elentari.cs.wcu.edu
Debian Gnu/Linus: Reboots are for hardware upgrades and new kernels.