dselect dependencies w/ install of frozen

Hi there -

I am trying to install libc6 and libc6-dev on a machine w/ slink,
but I am having trouble with getting the package dependencies to
work out.  In particular, it looks like libc6-dev requires that
libc6 be exactly the same version (2.0.7t-1)... however my libc6 is
newer than that (2.0.7.19981211-2) and so dselect does not let me
install libc6-dev, which also means that I cannot install any packages
which require libc6-dev.

Can anyone give me some advice?  I apologize in advance if this is a
silly question to be asking.

Thanks,
Brian