Re: SLRN woes

On 15 Feb 1999q, Victor Torrico wrote:
> Quoting Anthony Campbell <acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk>:
> > It's not peculiar to the potato version. I get the same thing in hamm. I've
> > had to download the "active" file separately and abstract the entries I
> > need.
> >
> > Anthony
> >

> How do you download the "active" file?  This is the first time I'm using
> a news client such as SLRN.  Thanks for your kind help.
>
> Victor

On my ISP (Demon) the file is available for download on their ftp site. I
don't know if other ISPs do the same thing.

Anthony
--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)