Re: Curious Question.

On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 05:02:04PM -0800, Lawrence Walton wrote:
> I am not sure that's always true; try looking at addgroup in redhat and
> addgroup in debian. Or the different choices UID's, or file placement.
> Enough that I rather dislike distro hopping.
>
> /Blatant Debian plug/
> Also I almost alway agree with Debian's file placement.

That's because we comply with the File System Standard, which is a sensible
document. I thought Red Hat used it too.

The biggest differences between Unix platforms is to the programmer.

You should think of Linux as Unix -- when people claim "Linux is not Unix",
it's because (a) Linux was written from scratch and not based on the
Unix source code, and (b) they're snobs.

Hamish