Re: Curious Question

I have at various times in the past 2 years used or administered
Linux, Solaris, Irix and HP-UX and I have found that there is little
difference in file locations and a couple of commands from a user's
perspective.  The location of system files may be differ from BSD
based systems to SysV based systems.  However most of them can be
located with man so you are unlikely to be lost.

jmb