Re: is there a trick to removing emacs?

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Pollywog wrote:
> I want to remove all the emacs stuff and use vim as my editor.
> Can I safely remove emacs without doing something special first?

You can safely remove any Debian package, just type dpkg --remove emacs20
(or the name of whichever Emacs flavor you've installed).

If the removal is unsafe, dpkg will refuse to perform it and tell you
what's wrong. Then you'll want to address the problem. (Do NOT use the
--force options to dpkg, that overrides the safety and will hose things.)

Havoc