Re: slink install messed up hamm partition

Hi, John

That was a stock 0setserial, just with the change to irq3 as I mentioned before.
When I updated packages from slink, setserial (_2.14-3) was one that I upgraded to.
So I reverted to the hamm setserial (_2.12-6) and now the change to irq3 stays
permanent.  I didn't upgrade the kernel, I'm still running Linux version 2.0.34, so
maybe they're not compatable?
Anyway, I think I'll leave hamm unmolested for now, since I'm actually satisfied with
it and play with slink which has it's own set of problems.  Thanks for your help John

John B

John Hasler wrote:

> John Bagdanoff writes:
> > So I don't get the SETSERIAL not found anymore on bootup, but I still
> > have to reset the irq to 3 before I reconnect to my isp before every
> > session.
>
> > I thought at first this change of behavior was due to installing slink
> > from my hamm partition, but I also upgraded most of my hamm to slink
> > packages at about the same time.  What might I have changed to make
> > /dev/ttS2 to revert back to irq 4 all the time?
>
> Is there a line in 0setserial that is running setserial with the auto_irq
> option on ttyS2?  All the automatic configuration stuff should be commented
> out.
>
> BTW do you really have a 16450?

probably, but I couldn't prove it