Re: Can I use an IDE Wearnes 622 CD-Writer Under Linux??

Hi

On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 11:16:59AM +1300, Richard wrote:

> I have been having so much trouble getting CD's to write on my Crapdoze box
> I am wondering how hard it would be to get it to work on my Linux system.
>
> Perhaps there is a FAQ or documentation on how to get my breed of writer
> working?
>
> Can it be done?
I think so.

You need to use ide-scsi emulation. This probably means recompiling the
kernel. If you need help with that, mail me privately. You need ide scsi
emulation, and generic scsi device support. You should not include ide cd
support, because it will be used by default if you do.  You can use the
cdrecord package to write cds.