Re: SB16 ISA/PNP DMA3?

>my error, dma2 is the one for the floppy, but i think i may have found
>why dma3 might not work for sound, i just noticed here (i have a P2)
>that my motherboard, if set for a ECP type  printer port, it requires
>dma3 for itself

Yes, it's always different DMA's being used for different things on
different systems. The only thing one can know for sure is that dma 4
is taken (since it's the 'cascade' thingy). BTW, wouldn't it be really
nice if isapnp was built into the kernel, so that one would only have
to set these things in one place (the kernel configuration).

--
-~* Daniel Elenius *~-