Re: smail -> exim = mail now broken

In article <[🔎] 3.0.5.16.19990213200843.2307e516@maine.edu>,
Kenneth F. Ryder III <Kryder71@maine.edu> wrote:

>found out that there is no cron job for exim -bd,  (DOH!) it helps to be
>running your mail daemon.  I am not sure why there was no cron job, since
>Dselect had done one for smail, when I had that installed....

Errr... your Exim daemon is started with /etc/init.d/exim on bootup,
not by a cron job.

There exists a cron job to periodically deliver queued mail (in
/etc/cron.d/exim), but that doesn't run exim -bd.

> Ken, who has had a long day fighting with exim, but won, at least for now....

Hmmm... I found my Smail -> Exim upgrade quite painless, despite a lot
of trepidation beforehand :}

SRH
--
Steve Haslam            Validation Engineer, ARM Limited, Cambridge, England
almost called it today, turned to face the void along with the suffering