Re: Installing Sound Card

Doug Thistlethwaite wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the help!  I may get this working yet! :)
>
> [snip]
>
> Also, if I want to move to the 2.2.1 kernel, what will I need to do?  Is
> it as simple as using dselect to get a pre-compilied kernel, or will I
> need to remove a bunch of stuff and load new version?  So far, I made if
> from BO -> HAMM without to much trouble.  What would this change entail?

	If you are currently upgrading against hamm, there will probably
be a number of util packages that will need upgrading.  Look in
the 'Documentation' dir of the kernel source.  If you are willing
to upgrade to slink+potato then you won't have any problems.  I'm
running a slink/potato system, and I downloaded the 2.2.1. kernel
source deb package now available in potato, IIRC, and built a
2.2.1 kernel in no time.

--
Ed C.