Re: Installing Sound Card

Well, basicly, it's all been said how to get the card working.
I hope you succeed at that. I was never able to get my card working,
though. What you can do is this:
WHenever setting up the sound options in kernel, do the loadable module
support. As I was explained before, kernel will initialize the sound
before isapnp kicks in with initializing the card itself, and you will
have nothing.
So just answer M ( At least in hamm it's this way) to Sound card support?
question, and after you made your zImage, or bzImage, move to the modules
directory and
make modules
Then reboot, etc etc. You should see no message saying "Sound
initialization started'
Then to go the /usr/src/kernel-***/modules/
and insmod sound trace_init=1 (or init_trace=1)
That should work.

If it doesnt....try OpenSound System. (Anyone got a URL?)
HTH,
 Andrew

 Andrei S. Ivanov
 c680789@showme.missouri.edu