Also dpkg, dselect...

Hi, I´m new on the list and with Debian, please forgive my english from
now on :-)

First, I'm having trouble to reach debian ftp's site from dselect.  My
machine is behind a firewall and a RH5.2 proxy server running squid.
It simply doesn't connect!

Second, I've installed libc6 running dpkg -i <package>, and now it fails
installing any other package from dselect or even dpkg because it looks
for libc5.  How do I update the dpkg database.  I've tried with 'update'
from dselect but it didn't work!

Thanx in advance.

Orco
mailto:orco@lanet.com.ar