Re: slink base Disk Files Too Large?

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 servis@purdue.edu wrote:

> *- On 13 Feb, art@luvmusl.net wrote about "slink base Disk Files Too Large?"
> >      I recently tried to copy the slink base disk downloads
> > (the ones for 1.44M floppies) to 1.44M floppies, but the floppie
> > images were too large.  ...anyone else have this problem or know
> > what might have caused it?
>
> The files are disk images so they can not be copied to the disk.  You
> have to use rawrite2(on dos) or dd(on linux) to put them on the disk.
> See the install documentation in the directory where you found the
> images.

If you try to mcopy the file to an msdos floppy, or try to cp the file to
a mounted floppy, clearly the disk image will be too large.  You might try
this:
	cp disk_image_name /dev/fd0

I have used this to create install disks in the past. Has something
changed?

--David
Debian GNU/Linux Because reboots are for hardware upgrades.