XF86SETUP Help needed...

I know that this question has been asked before, but since I am a new user
of Debian, I need some help on setting yp XF86...

Now I started the XF86Setup prg., and went thru each one of the menus, from
the mouse, keyboard, which I chose 102, instead of the 101 type, then to my
Video card, which is an OAK, and in the list it had OAK Generic, and used
that, the card is a OTI-067/077 model...Then onto the monitor which as a
Horizontal freq., of 30-60khz, the vertical is 50-90hz, and what little info
thats in the manual that the Max resolution is 1024X768...

I have tried different settings 640X480 mode using 8bpp, even 16bpp and
1024x768 settings with SVGA to just plain VGA-16, I've gone thru all and
when I click the done, it then, takes the info that I have provided and
restarts it backup...

Then when I save the configuration, I then am returned to root, from there I
tried many times to startx, and I get this:

xinit: Connection refused (error 111) unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (error 3): Server error...

Is there anyone that maybe able to explain to me what I need to do to get it
up and running correctly, I would appreicate in hearing from anyone
concerning this issue...Since I have tried all of the different settings, I
am at a loss as to what is needed to fix my problem...

Thanks,

Larry Shields WD9ESU
AX25: WD9ESU @ WD9ESU.#SCWI.WI.USA.NOAM [IPGWWI]
AMPRnet: wd9esu.ampr.org   IPaddr: 44.92.0.60
ICQ# 6221703
JNOS 1.11C -- TCPIP/TELNET/FTP