Installing Sound Card

Hello,

I'm looking for someone who would help walk me through the process of installing
my sound card on my 2.0.33 kernel system.  I have read the howto's and such and
I am totally confused!  My attempt to generate a kernel resulted in a 1.6MB
monstrosity that is to big to run...  I have been playing with this on and off
for 4 months...

My system is a P166 64MB system running the current debian release.  The sound
card os a SoundPro "Soundblaster/PRO compatible card" that has absolutely no
marking on it.  The chip it uses is a SoundPro HT1869V+ (F30446) 9729.

Thanks a million!

Doug