Losing Linux (Again!)

Firstly thanks for all the help offered, but I am not much further. I would
like to keep Linux but the person who will be using it can't handle it.
Here's what I've done:
(On a Toshiba T2110CS Satellite)
With Linux still there!
I used cfdisk to delete the Linux partitions existent and created a new DOS
FAT16 Primary, bootable partition.
I booted with a win98 start up disk in the a drive and then formatted the c:
drive
Now when I boot my PC I get the the message "missing operating" system
I can still boot with the win98 disk in the drive and use fdisk:which says:

partition status type volume label Mbytes system usage
C:1           A      PRI DOS                  335      FAT              100%
I'm at the end of my tether and further help would be appreciated.
PS My MSDOS 6.22 set up disks will not boot properly and if i place them in
the drive after having booted with the win98 start up disk i just get
'invalid dos' version if i try and execute a command.
There is no cd rom drive on the machine
Regards,
Stephen Lavelle
Austanners Wet Blue Pty Ltd.