Re: Find

> > I can't say I'm a grep whiz but I don't think it will do what I'm
looking for.  For
> > example if I'm looking for a certain word in a long text file, the
file is loaded
> > in an xterm window, will grep find the word and place it in front of
me
> > highlighted?  In windows I hit "ctrl+f", I get a pop up that allows me
to enter a
> > word, search for the word up or down and the program places it in my
view.

> This is not an inbuilt feature of windows, it is implemented in the
> application which controls the window. For example, you won't find a
search in
> paintbrush.

It's not REALLY a feature of windows. But it's a quite simple one to
implement, and you've got access (as a developer) to some explicit
source code. (Argh. Sounds like I'm talking about porn-code)

> What is the point of the question you asked??

Well, acutally, I'd say he was looking for a find command. =P

Could such a thing be implemented widget-set wide? I mean, could a
single program search through all gtk-based text editors currently
opened? Or does this need some modifications to GTK? How eays could it
be done?

Christian Lavoie
clavoie@enter-net.com
uin: 947212