screen setup and vim

I've just started using screen (on everything, since it's so damn cool).
And I have afew questions.

Is there a way for vim to work reliably under screen? In some values of
TERM everything looks screwy in insert mode, other times everything works
just fine, other times I have to press enter a few times or something for
screen to actually display and again when I kill it.

xterm mouse sequences simply do not work. Is this possible under screen? I
like mouse support in vim and clicking on stuff in lynx.

Can I "flatten" the windows from another screen session into the current
one? Can I make screen -R (which I have in my .zlogin) work when there are
2 screen sessions for some reason and flatten both? I guess the answer to
this is no, I should work on hacking screen sometime :)

--
Rafael Kitover
rkitover@io.com