Re: Greater than 64 MB memory

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 servis@purdue.edu wrote:
> *- On 11 Feb,  Raymond A. Ingles wrote about "Re: Greater than 64 MB memory"
> >
> >  How old is your BIOS? Older BIOSes can only report 64MB of memory. Newer
> > ones have a new function that can report more. If your BIOS only supports
> > the older function, you'll still need to do the "mem=96M" thing.
> >

> It is an Abit-TX5(http://www.abit-usa.com/html/tx5.htm) motherboard with
> an Award Soft Menu Bios which I have flashed to a bios dated 7/98..... I
> just noticed that there is a newer version that states it is for cpu
> compatibility, I will upgrade it next time I have to reboot.

 Hmm. I would think that would be recent enough to support the new call. I
took a quick look at the website - there's an email address for questions.
You might want to ask them if they support it.

 Unfortunately, we've pretty much exhausted my knowledge on this. You
might try asking on linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu about this.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735         ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
                 - Anonymous' restatement of Clarke