Re: Netscape version?

> I want to set up the OS and of course experiment with internet access.
> I would like to download Netscape.  Could someone please enlighten me as
> to which version I download?

Hrm. That depends on your machine. If you are using glibc6, download
glib6 one from netcape ftp. If you are using libc5, get libc5's version.
As to which version as in 4.01-4.08, 4.5 etc...up to you. Depending upon
your computer parameters. 4.5 works on my P166 without any problems, and
worked on a DX4 before that.

> I am assuming that because it's based on Linux, that this is the version
> I would acquire.  Debian, specifically, is not listed as one of the Unix
> OS at Netscape's WEB Page.

It's just Linux. Debian is a distribution, not a version of Linux. There
are 2 types of Netscape packages for Linux: glib6 or libc5. Get the one
that your linux uses.

> Part 2...Linux is listed twice.  Once under supported Unix and once
> under unsupported.  Which one is right for me?

It's rather safe to get from supported section.

> Part 3...Thanks to whomever replies as, I don't want to assume anything.

No problem.

HTH, Andrew