Re: Stupid user...

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, William Schwartz wrote:

> Well, I did something stupid, and I don't know how I did it or how to make
> it stop...

> I added a package that when debian starts up, it proceeds right into a GUI
> login screen (with a penguin head). Now, the problem is that I don't like
> it, and I want it to go away. I don't remember what package it is or
> remember even what it is called. Now, since updating my packages. my
    it is > xdm <

I have the same problem with updating to x..._3.3.2.3a-9.
It seems to come from the "xdm"-packege.
Possibly we'll get a new update right soon. Until then you could get around the
problem moving (until the next update) /etc/init.d/xdb to, say, /etc/init.d/xdm.sav,
then you need to start your X manually e.g. startx or so ...